Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Good News

In December I posted about doing some "cross training" with my writing.  The story turned out to be my Christmas present for my wife (because what else is a broke writer going to give as a gift?).  After a kick in the pants certain amount of prodding, I also submitted the story to Torquere Press and just found out that my story has been accepted for publication.  It will be published as part of an anthology of other fairy tales.

I don't know exactly when the story will be published but I am extremely excited to share it with everyone (and more than a little nervous).  I wouldn't have done it without some very kind encouragement to both write the story and to submit it by my friends.  I will let you know when it's going to be available.  I'm basking in the good news and just want to say thanks to you for reading and sending such warm wishes to keep going when I don't always feel like it.  I truly appreciate it.


3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sure it's the first of many yet to be published :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, looking forward to the publication date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Bloody well done!!!!!!!

    As a fervent enourager and occasional arse kicker, I do hope that I've had a tiny amount to do with getting you to this place. I'm so proud that you have become a published author. This is your time, and you should revel in it. Now that you have done it, the trick will be to keep doing it, and I know that you can. This is only the beginning.

    We all knew that you could do it.

    Cheers,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete