Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mondays just got a whole lot better

Remember when I told you about the Robin Hood and Marian story?  If not, it's okay, just go refresh your memory.  Back?  Okay, good.  Yesterday (yes this post should have been yesterday but I forgot), Jenni Michaels posted the first chapter of Marian and you can go read it for free.

I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek of it the other day and I loved it.  Young Marian is funny and feisty and reminds me a little of Merida from "Brave."  I can't wait to see where Marian goes next, both the character and the book (I'm also impatient to meet Robin).  Michaels is going to post another chapter each Monday on her blog so keep going back so you can keep reading about Marian and her adventures.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

2 comments:

  1. Very, very nicely done. Character properly delineated, but you find out who they are by being shown rather than being told. I think that Jenni made the right choice of making the dialogue anachronistically modern. You can do the old 'Wardour Street English' style of 'Prithee, my liege', but the modern dialogue allows you understand what is being said. Like I said yesterday, attract the audience, hook 'em, reel 'em in. I'll be reading the rest of this.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I understand that congratulations are in order as regards your writing......:-) :-) :-)

    Gary

    ReplyDelete