Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Do it like a girl


It's another ad campaign generating interest all over the place. This time it's a company that makes maxi pads. But mostly, I don't give a crap why they made the ad, just that this is another voice in the chorus asking us to treat girls differently. Being in a girl isn't a bad thing (not matter what a bunch of old, out of touch, assholes on the Supreme Court say) and any time we see a company, a person, or anything championing girls I am all for it.

I threw like a girl. I ran like a girl. I played hockey like a girl. And man, did it piss the boys off when I beat them.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very good campaign. Let's face it, woman can do pretty much anything that a man can do. The days of treating the female species as if they were made from some sort of fragile porcelain should be long gone. As they say "Ginger Rogers could do everything that Fred Astaire could do, but backwards and in high heels".

    Actually, neither my sister or my wife were ever really treated differently from, respectively, me or her brothers. My father taught me and my sister to box at a very young age, so any attempt to do her down would probably ended up with her giving me a good wallop. Whatever she wanted to do, my parents told her to 'go for it' and she very much has. My wife loves action films, James Bond, Sci-Fi, Horror and the like, but she was never really told that she wasn't supposed to like them. She's also pretty much the DIY person in the house (although I still have to kill insects for her!)

    Gary

    ReplyDelete